Fresh install of Sympl on Debian 11, Digital ocean VPS. Create new site and then run sympl-ssl. On the base install site and additional ones, the SSL command fails as it cannot find the acme-challenge. When I cd into /srv/site.com/public/htdocs/.well-known/acme-challenges it is empty. It looks like Sympl is not creating the challenge files in the directory and that is why certificate request fails.
Would appreciate any pointers.
* Examining certificates for invoicing.xxxxxxx.com No valid certificate sets found. Fetching a new certificate from LetsEncrypt. Requesting verification for invoicing.xxxxxxx.com from https://acme-v02.api.letsencrypt.org/directory !! Unable to verify invoicing.xxxxxxxx.com (status: invalid) !! Check http://invoicing.xxxxxxxx.com/.well-known/acme-challenge/NTcgEvODYGi8UMkpolBjNj_RtfzviY7eoM1nLuPzyM8 works. Requesting verification for www.invoicing.xxxxxxxxx.com from https://acme-v02.api.letsencrypt.org/directory !! Unable to verify www.invoicing.xxxxxxxxx.com (status: invalid) !! Check http://www.invoicing.xxxxxxxxx.com/.well-known/acme-challenge/3eyTFEl1a9T0XuOVyJ9iayOhb9sNIF7kQ7qlucfTbPQ works. !! Failed: Failed to fetch certificate
- Sympl Version [9.0/10.0]: 11
- Sympl Testing Version? [Yes/No] No
- Debian Version [Buster/Stretch]: 11 Bullseye (although same on 10)
- Hardware Type? [Dedicated/Virtual/Pi] VPS DO
- Hosted On? [name of hosting co] Digital Ocean